Pages

Calamity Jennye




Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A (not so) delicate surgical procedure is clearly in order

I've had more dreams in the last few months than I can remember from the last few years combined.
I'm sure it's my brain working overtime on all this great drama.
Last night I had the strangest dream of all.
I was staying at someone's house, I really don't remember who and it was nowhere I had ever been before.
I was so cold and could not warm up so I went to use their shower, ahhh, a nice warm shower.
For some reason the drain was all plugged and the tub was half full of cold water. I started the shower anyway telling myself it would drain faster once it was running and that if I could just get the water hot enough I would finally warm up and it would make the cold water warm as well.
Of course the water level just kept getting higher and stayed completely frigid. I finally turned off the faucet just as this really old, hunchback, maintenance guy hobbled by (don't ask me, it's only my dream...). I poked my head out and explained about the situation. He reached in and removed the drain cover, something from inside and about three really big hairballs. Once those were out the water was starting to drain but I could still see that the drain had one of those filter things in it like you have in an inground pool. I reached in to take that out and the man told me I shouldn't.
"No big deal" I said, "I can just grab it out then you can clean it."
As I grabbed it out this bug inserted itself right under the skin over my knuckle...it was a sharp jab and I thought what is going on?! I really cannot tell you how horrible this part of the dream was, to look down and see that something foreign and completely menacing looking (and yet not at all menacing since it was a tiny and beautifully colored bug) had inserted itself under my flesh was overwhelmingly disturbing!
I looked down and this bug was wheedling it's way more and more under my skin. I took the thumb on my other hand and tried massaging it back out. I was getting nowhere and kept massaging more frantically, even using the nail to try to force the bug back out the way it came. I really was getting nowhere and asked the man if he had a knife so I could slice the skin open and get this bug out. The way it felt under my skin was horrible and more creepy than anything I'd ever experienced. (I mean come on I was seriously ready to slice my skin open and that is not an undertaking I take at all lightly...trust me I'm no surgeon.)
The man reached into his belt for his knife and as he did the bug began to open it's wings. Even under my skin I could see that the bug was this beautiful iridescent blue color. I wanted to like having this beautiful thing so close to me but it felt horrible and instead I was terrified. I literally couldn't get it out fast enough. As the man handed me the knife my skin was stretched to it's max under these huge wings and I woke up screaming.

Literally sitting straight up in bed and it felt like I was screaming out loud.

You may have noticed long before this point but my dreams are not actually very well veiled...I'm guessing this could have something to do with a wedding anniversary, divorce arrangements, estranged husbands,I don't know....

Creepy in any case and I think one thing is certain after this alarming dream.  Get that crazy thing out from under your skin!!
Anything you should be extricating from your life this week?

2 comments:

  1. The Cellulite from my legs, really would like to be able to wear shorts.. Should I be extricating this from my life? but of course!!!

    ReplyDelete