Pages

Calamity Jennye




Sunday, June 5, 2011

Moving Day

Well. Today was moving day...you know after moving every year or two I really feel I've gotten it down to such a science that it was time to add a new challenge. Like moving while on crutches.

All I can say at the end of the day is THANK GOD for the amazing friends who got me through. After sitting down from about eight hours straight of being on my foot I wasn't sure how we all managed to make it through.

In retrospect I think it was great to just power through. My husband and I met last night with two sort-of-mediators and had a very amicable splitting of belongings. Then 24 hours later everything's out and I feel so thankful to have it over and done with. I don't think I could have endured this kind of emotional exhaustion being dragged out. Especially when you couple it with my current physical exhaustion.

Moving through things with such necessary speed was also great because there was very little time for remorse. It was sad to find someone else's tampons in my bathroom. And to hear my husband casually call our old bedroom "the room we sleep in" with a very clear current tense.
But it was time to keep moving and that was the great thing.

Somewhere in the middle of the packing I got confused as to which of a couple different stacks of boxes was mine. I texted my husband for clarification and his response was a profound "there's probably some chaos, just try to manage." If ever I had needed clarification
that I was moving in the right direction that was a great reminder of all the thoughtfulness, love and concern my husband shared with me (you know the same way my three year old "shares") throughout our marriage.

Now I get to spend the week settling in and creating a happy cozy space that is just Esme's and mine.

1 comment:

  1. Always looking for new challenges!

    Glad that this particular obstacle is behind you. I know you'll have your new place feeling like home in no time! ME

    ReplyDelete