Pages

Calamity Jennye




Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A signpost on the road to normal

Got to work and turned on Pandora to be greeted by:
Be OK!

It's all going to be ok.

I'm not even sure where to begin talking about the last few weeks. There has been so much and so little all at once. I'm thrilled to be mostly settled into our apartment.
I've got boxes unpacked, my M-I-L brought over a little table for me to put my sewing machine on. I will have pictures very soon. I've found it's quite difficult to carry those little piles of crap around to their homes while on crutches so I have to work through those before I let any of you into my home :)

My foot is healing tremendously well or so it feels to me! When I went to the doctor last week he said I didn't have to come back for two weeks due to what he saw. And just in the last couple days I've been doing a lot of moving around my apartment on just one crutch. I can't even express how exciting this is. It seems so silly and the first time I caught myself making all my friends watch my new trick I felt about 5. But everyone humored me and clapped as I moved across the kitchen with my jaunty little Tiny Tim walk.

I was amazed how much I was able to accomplish, thanks to the support of amazing friends and family during my trip to the cities last week. I had a huge Target run, bought more than we will use in a month at Costco, made it to Trader Joes and to Home Goods. Then YaYa was so kind as to drive me all the way home on Saturday and do the dreaded return trip right away on Sunday.
It was great to have YaYa here, Esme was beside herself excited and it was so helpful to have some actually useful legs for unloading and getting things put in their spots.

We all went to the Summer Solstice Pageant together Saturday night and let me tell you nothing makes you realize you live in a really small town like a solstice pageant. There is a huge fear up here about some mining that has been proposed nearby and the pageant, a boldly blatant statement against the mining was hillarious!
Esme had a great time watching from a blanket in the front row and as a treat for all your patience of late here are some pictures of this unique event:

Esme and a friend sharing Fruit by the Foot

Love this joy!

The Sun God (?) on stilts...
the best part about the pageant is all the stilts, so fun! 

It was very important to these ducks that they be allowed to vote against the mining!

No comments:

Post a Comment