Pages

Calamity Jennye




Sunday, July 31, 2011

How neat is that?

Today I went on my first hike since the ankle incident. It actually felt kind of good, not to be in nature exactly but just to have the ability back to go where I want to go when I want to go there.
My friend and I took our kids to their favorite swimming hole. I feel this hike was as successful as most of our hikes in that the water was running really high so when we got to the swimming spot the kids were a bit too scared to actually swim, everyone was tired after a long weekend so there was a meltdown about who got to wear what dress home, then there was another major meltdown on the trail where we actually thought my friends daughter was going to jump off the cliff right at the spot of one of the strongest waterfalls. After that crisis was averted she spent the rest of hike back to the car raving at a decibel just below the sound barrier about how everyone was following her, talking to her, looking at her, being mean...in a way only a 4 year old can.
Needless to say we had so much fun we thought we should just turn around and try the hike again :) I mean why wait an extra second to experience pure joy like this?
So it was such a bust that it didn't seem like there was anything that could possibly happen to redeem the experience at all. Everyone was even still crying in the car on the way home.

THEN...
We passed a cute little deer sauntering down the road...I slowed way down rolled down the windows and said "Well look at that nature, how neat is that?"
The four year old, who was the one I least expected caught my cue and said: "neature! How neat is that?...pretty neat."
And the entire car broke out in gales of laughter. It was just what we all needed and did in fact redeem the trip.

So if you have no idea what I'm talking about you have to take a look at this video...this guy is frickin' hilarious, I mean, at least hilarious enough that every member of the family can enjoy it. Again, and again, and again, and again...


This was not the kind of trip where you want photographic evidence...so the video will have to suffice for the outfit of the day...my apologies!

No comments:

Post a Comment