Pages

Calamity Jennye




Monday, April 18, 2011

On the road again

Bright and early tomorrow morning Esme and I will be on our way back home to Grand Marais.

I'm starting to get a little twitchy about not working and it feels like time to get back to real life.
It's been a wonderful week (while it lasted) of not really having any communication with my husband. It's been a wonderful three weeks of not having to see him.
My stomach is in a cluster of knots at the thought of actually coming to face to face with him.
All I can imagine seeing when I look at him is all his deceit and indifference. I really have no idea how I'm going to fare facing down all that pain. But the day will inevitably come and it, of course, won't be as bad as my imaginings of it. I will go on.
And in the meantime I will deal with the fear of the unknown by making lists and adjusting our daughter's schedule to accomodate our new jobs. By planning for the new apartment Esme and I are moving into and I'll throw myself into a new job or two because that always makes for effective pain management.
So here's the question for today...how do you all deal with pain and fear? What's your best technique? Or better yet...what was your worst technique?

No comments:

Post a Comment