Pages

Calamity Jennye




Saturday, April 2, 2011

I just want to be ok today

I didn't intend to blog this weekend but I have to share that today was an even better day than yesterday, if that's possible.
The sun was shining, we played in Central Park, did some walking around the city, had a wonderful lunch with friends and family then the best part of the day:
Esme and I rocked out to Ingrid Michaelson in the car on the way home. We even had a dance party in the driveway.
I had no idea Ingrid Michaelson was such a good soundtrack for my life right now but I really enjoyed her cd a friend burned for me.There is just the right amount of upbeat and heartbreak songs. You and I (track 12)was the dance party inspiring song.
Driving home at the end of the day I felt joy, peace, sunned and free. I can't actually remember the last time I felt as light as I did driving my own car and enjoying music I had chosen and the company of my daughter.
I know that I am on the verge of having no plan for my life and I know how much that should terrify me, it does terrify me a little. But mostly I feel like everyone's right. I need to take some time, do a lot of thinking, analyzing, pro/con listing and figure out what it is I want and need from life.
It's a lot to figure out. I don't expect I'll have many questions answered immediately but I am definitely warming to the idea of taking some time to start asking the questions.

I really do hope you all are enjoying your weekend as much as I am. I'm sure I'll need some prayers tomorrow morning as we visit our old church. I expect there will be some questions waiting there for me as well, and those aren't the kind that will have easy answers either.
For now at least I feel refreshed and ready for the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment